Peer-Reviewed Journal Publications
1. Ophir, Y., (2019). The Effects of News Coverage of Epidemics on Public Support and Compliance with CDC– An Experimental Study. Journal of Health Communication. 10.1080/10810730.2019.1632990
2. Sangalang, A., Ophir, Y., & Cappella, J. N. (2019). The potential for narratives to correct misinformation. Journal of Communication, 69(3), 298-319.
3. Walter, D., & Ophir, Y., (2019). News Frame Analysis: An Inductive Mixed-Method Computational Approach. Communication Methods & Measures.
4. Walter, D., & Ophir, Y., (2019). The Elephant and the Bird: Republican Candidates’
Use of Strategy and Issue Framing in Twitter During the 2016 Republican Presidential Primaries. International Journal of Communication
5. Ophir, Y., & Jamieson, K. H. (2018). The Effects of Zika Virus Risk Coverage on Familiarity, Knowledge and Behavior in the U.S. Health Communication, 10.1080/10410236.2018.1536958.
6. Ophir, Y. (2018). The Pandemic, the Scientific, and the Social: The Coverage of Epidemics in American Newspapers through the Lens of the Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication Framework. Health Security, 16(3), 147-157.
7. Ophir, Y., & Jamieson, K. H. (2018). Intentions to Use a Novel Zika Vaccine: The Effects of Misbeliefs about the MMR Vaccine and Perceptions about Zika. Journal of Public Health, 40(4), e531-e537.
8. Brennan, E., Maloney, E. K., Ophir, Y., & Cappella, J. N. (2018). Designing Effective Testimonial Pictorial Warning Labels for Tobacco Products. Health Communication. First published online on July 9th, 2018
9. Ophir, Y., Brennan, E., Maloney, E. K., & Cappella, J. N. (2017). The Effects of Graphic Warning Labels’ Vividness on Message Engagement and Intentions to Quit Smoking. Communication Research, 46(5), 619-638.
10. Brennan, E., Maloney, E. K., & Ophir, Y., & Cappella, J. N. (2016). Potential effectiveness of pictorial warning labels that feature images and personal details of real people. Nicotine & Tobacco Research, 19(10), 1138-1148.
11. Cappella, J. N., Maloney, E. K., Ophir, Y., Brennan, E. (2015). Interventions to correct misinformation about tobacco products. Tobacco regulatory science, 1(2), 186-197.
12. Ophir, Y. & Weimann, G. (2012). From terrorist to Persona: Para-Social Interaction and the ETA website. Perspectives on terrorism, 6(1)
1. Cappella, J. N., Ophir, Y., & Sutton, J. (2017). The measurement of the public’s knowledge as the basis for assessing misinformation: Application to tobacco products. In Southwell, B. G., Thorson, E. A., Sheble, L. (Eds.). Misinformation and mass audiences. University of Texas Press.